As the level of COVID-19 infections begins to stabilize in our community, we are starting to see more patients in our office.
We are determined to take every precaution to keep our patients, visitors, and staff protected from possible exposure to COVID-19.
Our highest priority is to strive to continue providing comprehensive and compassionate care in a safe environment.
Hematology and Oncology Associates is making it a priority to reduce the spread of infection. Our goal is to make our patients feel comfortable and confident about getting the medical attention they may need.
What We Ask Of Our Patients:
- If you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms
– We ask that you call before coming to any of our medical facilities if you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Don’t delay needed care
– Please do not delay care – delaying care can lead to complications and advanced stages of disease.
- Please wear face masks/face coverings when entering the office.
- Please observe appropriate social distancing while in the office.
- Please be aware of our policies on Visitor Restrictions. (See Below)
– You will be asked to call your PCP and may be given a virtual appointment.
What We Are Doing:
- Everyone who enters our office is screened for symptoms – this includes our staff.
- Rearranging the waiting rooms to encourage social distancing.
- Requesting patients to wait in their cars if the waiting room is full.
- Staff will wear face masks/coverings when social distancing is not possible.
- Enhanced cleaning of surfaces – high touch surfaces are cleaned with CDC-approved products periodically throughout the day.
- All exam rooms, equipment (including thermometers and blood pressure cuffs) and infusion chairs are cleaned between every patient.
- Visitor Restriction Policy
- Limit the number of people in our office to maintain physical distance during in-person visits.
- Only patients, unless extenuating circumstances prevail, are allowed in the infusion suite.
- Limiting only one visitor per patient in the exam rooms.
- Offering virtual visits when appropriate and per patient’s insurance plans.
- Your appointment may be rescheduled as a video visit. These virtual appointments have found to be an effective way of addressing the health needs of many of our patients.
- Our telemedicine platform, Doxy.me, complies with HIPAA, GDPR, PHIPA/PIPEDA & HITECH requirements. This ensures that your visit is secure and safe. All data is encrypted and is not saved in any format.
Our hope is for you to stay safe and healthy and for us to continue providing the best care we can.